Sunday, December 20, 2009

No Joke...

Watching this silly YouTube skit made me feel the strange sensation that we like to call "deja vu." I'm serious... I swear that I have had this same exact conversation, and with more than one patient, in my past. People kill me... they just kill me.


WATCH THIS


It's amazing how someone actually caught the hilarity of the entire situation in one computer generated skit... from what medication she was needing, to her list of allergies, to her asking for the "VIC" medication. I felt like I was at work all over again!

I would like to dedicate this to the patient I had the pleasure to deal with some time back. The patient who told us that she was at the hospital for her "pseudo-seizures." (No... I didn't ask if she knew what "pseudo" meant.) Then she complained to administration that the nurses caused her pseudo-seizures to worsen because they put ice in her water. ICE. That's what did her in... the ice. Not to mention that if you were truly having seizures, no nurse... not even a new grad, would give you something to drink OR that if you knew ice made your seizures worse... why the F*** did you drink the ice water?? She was one of those amazing and truly rare patients that could verbally communicate with us during seizure to tell us that she needed her IV shot of Ativan. So this video... it's for you lady... sorry we gave you ice.

No comments: